The Highway Department is managed by Highway Superintendent Joe Amico. The responsibilities of the department vary and include: snow and ice control, pavement maintenance and repair, street signage, curbside collection of brush, fall leaf collection, maintenance of storm sewers and drainage channels and maintenance of all highway equipment.
Specific Services provided by the Highway Department include:
Weekly Pickups: Spring, Summer & Fall
**** In order for Highway personnel or equipment to pick up items listed below, please DO NOT put any of the following in bags or garbage pales or barrels****
- Brush (piles) , Tree branches
- Concrete & Rocks
- Clean wood (no nails) 4 ft. lengths
- Dirt (small piles)
- Leaves -un-bagged (Fall only – Beginning October thru Thanksgiving) If weather permits leaf season pickup may be extended. After this time please bag them for your normal garbage company to pickup.
- Plain Wood Furniture ONLY
- Metal – Appliances
- Small Stone, Sand (small piles)
One time a year pickup (usually in 1 day in May)
- Un-mounted Tires (2 per household)
Items that Highway Department does not pick up:
- Electronics (TV’s, Computers, Etc.) Residents must dispose of them by bringing them to recycling facility. (See “Additional phone numbers” in section below of this page for electronic recycling places or contact your refuse company.)
- Furniture (Couches, Love seat, Chairs, Mattresses, Etc.)
- GRASS (your local garbage company will)
- Paint or other Household Hazardous Waste
Please complete the online submission to report any issue(s) to our Highway Department .
Please note **All calls go to the Town Hall receptionist as there is not an attendee located at our Highway Department facility.**