Stormwater Management Program Plans (SWMPP) and 2017 – 2018


-Stormwater Management Program

Plans (SWMPP) and 2017 – 2018

Annual Report available for public review and comment. New York State requires that specified municipalities that own or operate separate storm sewer systems implement a program to reduce the discharge of pollutants and protect water quality. Monroe County, the City of Rochester, SUNY Brockport, the towns of Brighton, Chili, Clarkson, Gates, Greece, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Mendon, Ogden, Parma, Penfield, Perinton, Pittsford, Sweden, and Webster as well as the villages of Brockport, East Rochester, Fairport, Hilton, Pittsford, Scottsville, Spencerport, and Webster have developed SWMPPs and a shared annual report that document their compliance activities. The plans and report maybe accessed at Comments may be submitted to or call 753-5472 until May 31, 2018.

11547783 5-3-1t

Ash Tree Removal

The Town of Gates is removing ash trees on the side streets north of Buffalo Road, west of Howard Road and south of 490.  We are focusing on the ash trees, since they are mostly infected with the Emerald Ash Borer ( and will have to come down eventually.  If you have any questions, or are interested in a replacement tree, please contact the Public Works Department at 247-6100.  The effected streets are:

·         Colwick Road

·         Daniel Drive

·         Dawnhaven Drive

·         Gatewood Avenue

·         Gemini Circle

·         Geraldine Parkway

·         Green Acre Lane

·         Kaye Park Terrace

·         Miramar Road

·         Normandale Drive

·         Northmore Avenue

·         Radarick Drive

·         Rellim Boulevard

·         Westerleigh Road


“Gates To Recovery” Program

Thursday’s 5-8pm in the Gates Recreation Community Room.

A conversation, from many different perspectives, surrounding those battling addiction or have family members or friends battling it. Panelist will share the challenges they are facing or have faced, what they are doing to address these challenges and how family can also cope.


Translate »