Court is now OPEN, however dates and times may still vary due to COVID restrictions.
Please note: Letters will be mailed out letting you know when to appear. If you don’t receive any correspondence from our Court office, your Public Defender or your Attorney, please contact our Court staff at the number below during our normal hours of operation.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 A.M. -5:00 P.M.
Chief Court Clerk: Maryanne J. Mazurek
Deputy Court Clerk: Shelley A. Conradt
Town Justices are elected to a four year term. In the Town of Gates, there are two justices who preside over the court and handle criminal and traffic matters arising within the town borders. They have jurisdiction over civil matters up to $3,000.00.
Judge Peter P. Pupatelli
- Court Clerk: Theresa Marko
- Assistant Court Clerk: Brittany Atwood
Judge Frank M. Cassara
- Court Clerk: Shelley A. Conradt
- Assistant Court Clerk: Tracy Cubiotti
- Monday’s – 5:30 p.m.
- Jury and Bench Trials
- Tuesday’s – 5:30 p.m.
- Arraignments (Judge Pupatelli / Judge Cassara presiding)
- Wednesday’s – 4:00 p.m.
- Trials and Dispositions (Judge Pupatelli presiding, Assistant District Attorney present)
- Thursday’s- 4:00 p.m.
- Trials and Dispositions (Judge Cassara presiding, Assistant District Attorney present)
- Friday’s – NO COURT
Weddings: Upon Appointment – Please call
Judge Pupatelli 585-232-4060
- Small Claims
- under $1,000 – $10.00
- $1,000-$3,000 max –$15.00
- Evictions – $20.00
- Transcript of Judgment – $5.00