Chief Robert Long
The Gates Police Department is proud to serve our residents and businesses! Our officers come from a diverse background, are very professional and all well trained. Besides typical police calls, our officers also respond to vehicle lock outs, Code Enforcement issues, animal calls and anything else our residents need assistance with. We are a function of government that is available 24/7 and holidays! Quality of life issues are important to our residents and they are important to us as well.
Our Neighborhood Watch Program is facilitated through up to date and real time e mails of crime trends occurring in the residential neighborhoods. We feel it is important for residents to know what to look for by having current information about their neighborhood. The neighborhood watch captains are instrumental in maintaining the e mail lists for their neighborhood and forward the information from the police department.
The Gates Police Department works very closely with our partners in the Local – State – County and Federal Law Enforcement Community. Crime crosses all jurisdictional boundaries and so do our enforcement efforts.
- Each year the Gates Police Department partners with the Monroe County Department of Health to check our local stores for tobacco compliance sales to minors.
- We partner with the Monroe County STOP DWI Program to keep our streets safe from intoxicated drivers.
- We partner with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department to provide our residents/citizens the ability to access sex offender data and search for offenders within a specified radius of any address of interest to them. They can register as many addresses as they would like to be monitored and notifications by email will be sent to them anytime offenders move into their area.
- The department receives special funding each year from the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee to enforce aggressive driving and seat belt compliance.
- We conduct narcotic investigations with our County, State and Federal Narcotic Units.
The Gates Police can be reached by calling 911. Our Office staff is very friendly and ready to assist you obtaining copies of police reports. They may be reached at 247-2262 Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. The Gates Justice Court handles our traffic tickets, criminal arrests and civil matters; they may be reached at 426-0410.
Don’t forget to check us out on our Police Facebook page